Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Here is my map. Also the link is as follows:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=109449909800225471375.000473776f9ba7853eb19&z=11

I have been having difficulties with YouTube. I uploaded all of my video content today and some of the clips are missing the video (the audio, surprisingly, is there on all the clips). All I get is a black screen. I'm hoping this is just YouTube taking time to process my videos and that they will be there in the morning. --Joe Kraemer

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joe
    Try Vimeo. It is a good service. If your videos are long you may need to break them into segments. Bring what you have to class. If we cannot see it on line we can otherwise look at in that way... Let obstacles become assets -- remember there are no wrong turns, detours are good. But detours need to be made worthwhile and not result in dead ends....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hvae you tried converting them using Quicktime pro into .mp4 format before uploading to youtube?
    Marcelo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, the clips that weren't working I put on Vimeo and they uploaded to there fine. My next hurdle is that when I try to embed the video into a point on my map, I only embed the link to the video on Vimeo, when I'd like the video player to be right there (like Michael Tom's is). I'll ask about it in class.
    Marcelo-Thanks for the advice. I saw something on YouTube about mp4 being a preferred codec, but I'm perplexed at how some of my .mov files worked and others didn't. I don't have Quicktime Pro but do have Adobe Premiere Pro which has that as an export setting I think. Something to keep in mind, I guess...

    ReplyDelete