Wednesday, October 21, 2009

For my project, I wanted to deal with issues of representation (not the representation vs abstraction "representation", but closer to the taxation without representation type of "representation". Mainly, I wanted to address a few of the problems and frustrations that occur when the person representing oneself has a limited understanding of one's own interests or agenda. I am not sure just yet which aspect of this I want to focus on, but I wanted to create an interview session where questions are asked to two people. One person writes down their answer without speaking, the other person is the "voice of the people" and must try to answer in a way that he or she feels would best represent the other person's opinion. As I am writing this down it sounds a little like some sort of dating gameshow, how well do you know your husband or something. I would like to preferably have two people interviewing who don't know one another well, as this is generally what happens in governments and even smaller scale clubs with leaders. I think the person will be selected and then the class should vote on who will be representing whom. There will be a live feed video projection of the written answer while the person is talking. I am still working the kinks out I think. I am not sure, it would be preferable if the person answering had their own sort of agenda, different from the seated person, but I am not sure how this would be incorporated yet. Hopefully it will be sort of silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment